Electrical Vehicle Charging
Set Solar provides top-of-the-line electric vehicle charging stations along with high quality installations to home and business owners in the Minneapolis-St Paul area. Our goal as a company is to help build the infrastructure that electric vehicles will need as they become more common, and to help our clients reduce their negative impact on the environment while living more convenient lives. Electric cars have been rapidly rising in popularity throughout the United States over the last few years, and it’s important that as their popularity continues to grow, the demand for EV charging stations is met.
Charging Qualtiy EV
Our professionals can provide you with high quality EV charging station installations and excellent products, whether you’re interested in installing an electric car charger at your home or at a commercial property. We carry a variety of different electric vehicle chargers from top manufacturers such as ChargePoint, Aerovironment, Clipper Creek, Bosch, GE, Blink and Schneider.
Our professionals are licensed electricians with extensive training and experience, and we’ll be able to handle any electric vehicle charging station installation job safely and professionally. If you encounter any problems with an EV charging station, we also offer service, repairs, and replacements. We guarantee your satisfaction with all of the work and the products that we provide, and we look forward to assisting you.
Call us today to ask any questions you have about our EV chargers or services, or to schedule your appointment with one of our experts.
Electrical Vehicle Charging For your home
Electric vehicles have been rising in popularity very rapidly over the last few years, and the need for electric car charging stations is growing just as quickly. At Set Solar, our experts can work with you to install EV chargers for your home. Isn’t it time you had your own personal electric vehicle charging station at home?
Our professionals will be able to provide service for every aspect of the EV charging station installation job:
- We’ll assess your home and its electrical system as well as your vehicle to determine the precise needs that you have for an electric car charging station.
- We’ll work with you to decide on the perfect model of charging station for your home and vehicle.
- Then we’ll provide you with a high quality, professional installation so that your charging station is completely reliable, effective, and safe.
Our EV charging station installation experts can guarantee high quality workmanship, professional customer service, and your complete satisfaction. Our goal as a company is to help build the infrastructure that’s currently needed for electric vehicles across the U.S., and we look forward to working with you to accomplish that.
Types of Charging Stations
There are three basic types of residential electric vehicle charging stations:
- Level 1: Also known as a “120-volt” charger, this is the charging cord that comes with every electric car and has a conventional three-prong plug that can be used in any properly grounded wall socket. This is the slowest type of charger, and it is typically only feasible for use with plug-in hybrids with smaller battery packs.
- Level 2: Also known as the “240-volt” charger, these EV chargers operate at least twice as fast as Level 1 chargers. Typically, battery-electric cars require Level 2 home charging stations to provide overnight recharges. Our professionals can provide you with all of the wiring changes that this installation may require, and we’ll be able to complete the job safely and professionally.
- DC Fast Charging: These chargers are often incorrectly referred to as “Level 3”. These use direct currents (DC) rather than alternating current (AC), and they’re very high powered. These are only used for public sites.
If you’re having an electric car charging station installed at your home, you’ll probably need a Level 2 charger. Our experts will help you select the perfect brand and model of Level 2 charger based on your vehicle and your home.
Q&A Electrical Vehicle Charging
The rest of the time, slow charging is just fine. It turns out most electric–car drivers don’t even bother to plug in every night, or necessarily to fully charge. People have regular driving habits, and if that means 40 or 50 miles a day, a couple of plug-ins a week is fine
An electric car can be plugged into a typical household outlet, but a higher-voltage outlet will significantly reduce charging time. However, if you’re like me and drive a Volt on a fairly short commute and can charge overnight, a 110v outlet will make sure you have a full, or nearly full, battery in the morning.
Most manufacturers have a five to eight-year warranty on their battery. However, the current prediction is that an electric car battery will last from 10 – 20 years before they need to be replaced.
Fast charging is not bad for electric cars except in some conditions. In fact, fast chargers can keep your battery healthier than level 2 chargers. But used frequently, fast chargers can harm your battery.